Thursday, July 7, 2011

Easy peasy quiche recipe!

I never used to eat quiche, I always thought it rubbery and tasteless.... I should probably disclose that this low impression of quiche probably would have been based on one try back as a kid. I was pick and very un-adventurous when it came to food.

Getting to the point...

Back when the twins were in pre-school one of the Mums had us over for a lunch, she had baked a quiche, inwardly I was groaning. BUT being the polite girl my Mumma raised I was very enthusiastic about the beautiful cooking she had done for my girls and I. I was told the quiche is very easy to make and she sent me the recipe. However not being a quiche eater I didn't even own a quiche dish and couldn't cook one for my eagerly awaiting hubby!

With the recent stint of Tupperware parties I purchased a Flan Form and was able to make the quiche. True to my friends word it was quick and easy to make and Woodi really enjoyed it. So I thought I would share the recipe with you all.


Ingredients:

  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1/2 cup Self Raising flour
  • 4 x rashers bacon chopped
  • 1/2 can creamed corn
Method:
Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees. Celsius Fry bacon and onion together in a pan. Mix dry ingredients together then add melted butter. Beat eggs and milk together then add to the dry ingredients and mix. Pour mix into a quiche tray and bake for 30 mins  or until golden.

Enjoy!!





 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design Studio (© Copyright 2011)